Pets are allowed in Gulf State Park as long as they are on a leash at all times and are well behaved. Leashed pets are allowed only on the trails, in the Campground, and at the Picnic Area. The only place unleashed dogs are allowed is at the Dog Pond. See below for limited pet friendly cabins and cottages. We ask that you do not bring pets of any kind into park facilities; including Park Headquarters, Campground Office, Campstore, Nature Center, Pier House, Swimming Pool, or on to the beaches.
Eagle Cottages and The Cabins welcome your four-legged family members. Please note, a non-refundable pet fee of $150.00 will be added to your invoice
Gulf State Park is home to many types of wildlife including alligators. Please be aware at all times. Please see Alligators in Gulf State Park
Rules and Regulations
- Dogs are not allowed in non-dog friendly facilities. Please reserve the specific facility. The clerk must be notified upon check in of the number of dogs staying.
- Number of dogs is limited to two.
- Guest must have current credit card on file to serve as deposit on any damages – guest will be notified if any damages occur.
- Park management reserves the right to prohibit any dog on premises. If your dog becomes objectionable to any park visitor, the owner (and the dog) may be asked to leave and pay full amount of reservation. Any dog that is intimidating, destructive, dangerous or noisy will not be allowed to remain in the Park.
- Dogs are permitted in designated day use areas and dog friendly facilities if on a leash and attended at all times (Dogs may not be left unattended at any time in the cabin unless in pet carrier or crated). Dogs are not allowed in any other building (see above).
- Dog owners are required to clean up after dogs and are responsible for their actions.
- Dogs must be current with all vaccinations and have tags or documentation.
- Dog owners are responsible for any and all damages. Extra charges for damage or fur cleaning may apply.
- Maintenance or staff might not enter cabin unless dog is leashed or confined.
If you have any further questions please reference Alabama State Parks Dog Friendly Policies