Nestled in a large cul-de-sac which borders Beaver Lake and surrounded by rolling hills topped with the long lived and majestic Longleaf Pines, our campground is a favorite spot for families to get away from the hustle and bustle of the modern world. The campground is open for camping year-round.
- 30 Amp Service
- 85 sites with Water, Electricity, & Sewer
- 60 Primitive Sites with water in area
- Picnic Table and Fire Rings at sites
- 7 bath houses
- 2 Coin operated laundry facilities (both located on B side of campground)
- Types of sites: Mostly back in, some pull thru
- Size of sites: Range from 25ft to 60ft, average size is 40ft
- Most sites will allow for slide outs
- Pavilion/Activities Building - B side of Campground
- Dogs are allowed in the Park, but must be on a leash no longer than 6ft; however, they are not allowed in any building, or beach area. You must clean up after them & keep them quiet during quiet hours.
- Dump Station available for traveling campers not staying for $3 per dumping
- To make a Reservation, call 205-620-2527 Sunday through Thursday from 10a.m. until 4p.m. ONLINE RESERVATIONS
- Same day reservations are not available.
- First night's rent will be charged to a credit card on all reservations.
- Cancelations must be made 72 hours before arrival. If not, 1st night rental will be forfeited.
- Reservations for holiday weekend should be made at least 3 months in advance.
- Weekends require a 2 night minimum reservation.
- Major holidays March through October require a 3 night minimum reservation.
- You must be 18 years old or older to rent a campsite.
Check in for reservations is 4p.m.
Check out is 11a.m.
Country Store Hours & Information
Store Phone Number: 205-620-2527
Store Hours: Seven days a week from 9a.m. until 4:30p.m.
Our Country Store keeps in stock those items you forgot as well as a line of camper supplies (sewer hoses, toilet chemicals, electrical adapters, etc.) We also carry snack items as well as gifts and T-shirts. Firewood is available for purchase at the Campground Store. We are open seven days a week, although our hours of operation vary seasonally.
* Due to the costs of establishing, operating, and maintaining the reservation system and its related components, we are adding a $4.50 transaction fee and 3.5% Resort fee on all overnight accommodations. Until now, we have absorbed these costs but we can no longer afford to do so.
Camping rates based on:
- One tent or RV per campsite.
- 1-4 individuals per site.
- Additional persons are $3 (up to 8 persons per site)
- 17% tax will be added to all rates
- 3.5% Resort Fee
|Type of Campsite||Regular Price|
(March through October)
|Water/Electric (Parking Pad)||$26.40|
|Water/Electric/Sewer (Parking Pad)||$29.70|
|Monthly - Offseason "Winter" Rates (November 1 - February 28)||call for details|
$6.00 per person
WEEKLY AND MONTHLY RATES
We honor weekly and monthly options from November 1st through the end of February ONLY.
Weekly Rate: $170 for WES sites (EQUINE WES Sites included), $150 for WE sites
Monthly Rate: $500 for WES sites, $600 for Equine WES sites, $450 for WE sites
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
All senior citizens (62+) and 100% disabled persons are eligible for a 15% discount on camping fees Sunday through Thursday nights from March 1st to October 31st; and 7 days a week from November 1st to the end of February with the exception of holiday weekends. Proof of age or disability is required. Discounts are not available in conjunction with group rates, special packages, or other discounts. Discounts are not valid on weekly or monthly rates, or on holiday weekends. Discounts must be mentioned prior to reservation completion.
- Several designated backcountry sites for backpacking that are conspicuously located throughout the park, which offer a view of the varying topography and habitats that are found in the region.
- These sites with our 50 plus miles of trails offer an assortment of loops that novice and experienced backcountry campers utilize for a quick get-a-away or preparing for a future hike.
- Leave-No-Trace ethics are expected of our campers. Usage of open fires is not permitted in the backcountry, but camp stoves for cooking purposes are allowed.
- You must register for the backcountry sites at the country store no later than an hour before sunset.
- Parking for the backcountry sites can be found at the north trail head parking lot and near the group camp road gate. These are the only two designated parking areas for backcountry sites.
- Additionally, we offer a group camp facility for Scout Troops, church groups, and many other groups.
Backcountry (backpacking) sites: No more than 8 persons per site and reservations not accepted. Three designated sites are available.
Oak Mountain State Park has a friendly and courteous staff, which strives to make you feel at home during your stay. Also as a family oriented campground, our Law Enforcement Rangers and security personnel make regular patrols to ensure the safety of our guests. The park closes one hour before sunset and the entrance gate is manned 24 hours a day to provide for the guests’ security. Only registered guests are allowed into the park during these hours, for emergencies call 205-620-2520.
Park Quiet Hours are enforced between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Complete State Park Rules and Regulations are posted in conspicuous locations throughout the park.